Event Planner Consent Form
In consideration for being permitted to execute a fundraiser (the “Event”) to benefit the Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease Foundation, Inc. (the “Foundation”), I hereby agree to comply with the following terms and conditions of my participation in this event:
a. In order for a contribution to be tax deductible, all contributions towards the Event made by check must be made payable to the Foundation. All cash contributions must be forwarded to the Foundation upon receipt with a statement of the amount of the contribution and the person making the contribution. All contributions must be forwarded to the Foundation within 7 days after the Event.
b. If only a portion of the proceeds are being donated to the CJD Foundation, this must be clearly stated in any advertising and/or informational materials. If only a portion of the proceeds are being donated to the CJD Foundation, only those contributions made by check payable to the Foundation will be deductible by the donor.
- Tax Deduction. The Foundation can only provide a tax-deductible letter for donations made directly to the Foundation. The Foundation cannot provide tax deduction for any goods donated to the Event.
- Use of the Foundation’s Tax Identification Number. The Event Planner may not use the Foundation’s tax identification number for any purpose.
- Expenses. The Foundation will provide educational materials for the Event. However, the Foundation will not advance costs for the Event or pay for Event expenses.
- Foundation Name. You must not use the Foundation’s name or logo except in connection with the Event and through the written materials provided to you from the Foundation. Any use of the Foundation’s name or logo must be pre-approved.
- No Authority. You agree that you are not acting as the Foundation’s employee, agent or independent contractor in assisting with the Event. You further acknowledge and agree that you have no authority to act on the Foundation’s behalf or bind the Foundation in any manner.
- Waiver and Release. You hereby agree to waive and release any and all claims whether matured or contingent for yourself, your heirs or assigns against the Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease Foundation, Inc., its advertisers, officers, employees, volunteers, sponsors, participants, owners and lessees of premises on which activities related to the Event will take place.